Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Natural!

I started this blog and my cooking blog because I want to be a blogger! I want to have thoughts and cook things and share them with the world! I want people to read what I write and to want to read more. But I didn't factor in the part about having to write posts and cook meals on a regular basis. Well, I mean, I thought about it... but I just kinda thought it would happen without much effort from me! But sadly, starting a blog does not = being a blogger.

I can think of so many things I have done in my life where I start something and expect it to be easy and to basically just happen on its own. When I got my at-home driving school packets and filled them all out and finished the course, I figured that would be enough to pass my written permit test. No such luck! I failed that test, and in a horrible way! I was SO angry, SO frustrated, SO embarrassed - especially since all my friends knew I was taking the test, and since I made it sound like I was going to pass with flying colors! So my mom drove my wet cheeks and big frown home, and on the way she talked to me about how most things come easy to me. Schoolwork, sports, reading, games, etc. And its true! (Or it seems that way because when I can't get something the first or second time I often stop trying...) And she let me know that life is hard. That there will be SO many things that I'm not a natural at, but I still have to keep trying and working at them.

Even though it probably wasn't that memorable for my mom, I have never forgotten that car ride. Some days I wish that I only had to do those things that I have a natural affinity for, but apparently keeping up with my blogs is something I am going to have to work at! Blogging isn't something I have to do, and its not something that's easy to do everyday, but I am going to do it. I'm all about pushing myself out of my box this year, and what better way is there than this?

Plus, I have SOOO much going on to write about!!! Heres the quick list version:
  • Feeling so lucky to have my perfect match! I love you baby!
  • New (to me) car!!! My dream car that I've been lusting over for a while now is mine!
  • Being Maid of Honor is so many different adjectives.
  • School starts in a week, and I'm crossing fingers about a class I'm on the wait list for.
  • CAAARRRRRRRRRRRR
  • Two goldfish died under my watch.
  • Is it friday yet?
Also, I loved driving down to Malibu with the Barbers! It was such a beautiful evening:

No comments: